Saturday, February 19, 2011

I don't even know how many times I've been here. Not here, my blog, but, here, this place in my head. The place that says it's time to move on. The place that says the love has dried up, the desire is gone, the only thing keeping me here are the tears they shed. The tears and the sadness I feel responsible for keeping at bay.

We fight, we say things, I think both of us knowing that the end isn't near. The end has come and gone. We deny the truth. We pretend we don't know the love we feel for each other is merely a ghost. We reach out to each other with fingers that know the way, but with a heart that's sleeping.

How long can we live in this hell? Feeling feelings that are long gone and wishing they weren't. Drying tears with promises that things will be ok. With fears of hurting not each other but the ones we love the most. Do we play this game we promised we would never play? Back when we promised to love each other just a little more than we loved them. Back when I was young and dumb and in love? She's just a ghost too. Just like the feelings, just like the desire, mere memories being played over and over, an old record being played on an old phonograph. Things long gone, just like this relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment