Wednesday, March 23, 2011

my relationship stands on thin ice. Things seem safe and secure on the surface. But below are where the sharks live. Below is a stock pile of pain and suffering. Below are card catalogs of insults and trespasses.

Every so often something happens to flip the world upside down. Reality turns into a screaming match. Reality for a while becomes hell. Becomes the realization that this is all just a lot of shit. That other place, up there, is all a lie. Down here everything has sharp teeth, and seeks to tear the flesh. And down here is where it's real. Down here lies the truth. Down here you can see. Down here the masks are gone. Down here, he's just a man like every other. Down here all I feel is hate. Hatred of those eyes, and that lying mouth. When I'm down here all I want is OUT! All I want is to be done with this relationship for good. That way I can clean it up. Throw away the catalogs, throw away the memories, and start all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment